The WZB Berlin Social Science Center invites applications for the A.SK Post-doctoral Fellowships 2015. The fellowships support research on public policy with a focus on economic and governmental reforms. Up to 5 fellowships are awarded for the duration of 6-12 months and can be taken up in 2015 or 2016. Monthly stipends amount to € 2,400. Please submit applications to the WZB with supporting material (CV, publications and unpublished papers) by February 1, 2015, along with two letters of recommendation. Applications should also include a work plan outlining the schedule of the research project to be conducted by means of the A.SK fellowship.
In the spirit of the A.SK mission statement, the WZB honors research presenting new ideas on economic reform and government reform in a global perspective, such as:
- the role of entrepreneurs and competitive cooperation for economic well-being and development
- the micro- and macroeconomic features of systems where employees participate more in the ownership of their companies through ownership components of salaries
- the allocative and distributive qualities of systems where individual land ownership rights are limited to long-term leases,
- the possibilities for the financial sector to have more direct links to the national production of goods and services in order to prevent monetary instabilities and speculative deformations
- the possibilities of governmental reforms
- civil society and the contribution of non-governmental organizations to democratic and effective governance
- the potential of multi-level democracies
- preconditions of good governance in state and society.
The post-doctoral fellowships are part of the A.SK Academic Prize program which also includes the A.SK Social Science Award awarded bi-annually to outstanding research on social and governmental reform. The prizes are named after their sponsors Angela and Shu Kai Chan.
Please direct applications including all relevant information to the chairman of the A.SK Social Science Award Committee:
Prof. Dr. Werner Abelshauser; c/o Dr. Katrin Schwenk; Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung (WZB); Reichpietschufer 50; 10785 Berlin; Germany
For more information about the A.SK award, please go to http://www.wzb.eu/de/ueber-das-wzb/ask-award/ask-mission-statement